Miami Heat win their 39th game this season
LeBron James: 16pts 10reb 11ast 2stls 7-12FG
Could be his least impressive triple-double of his career. He flirted with a triple-double the entire night until the 11 minute mark in the 4th quarter recording his 10th rebound. He was struggling with his jumpshot(2-6) and could not get any lift on it because of a sore quad(reported by Brian Windhorst), but he still was his usual self. He toyed with Philadelphia defenders with crossovers and straight drives in the paint for layups. LeBron was key to tonight’s ball movement with a parade of great passes to open Miami shooters. He didn’t put up his average of 27 points, but Philadelphia had no answer for his rebounding, passing and defending.
Dwyane Wade: 33pts 6reb 2ast 2stls 14-18FG
Recorded his 16,000th point of his hall of fame career in the 1st quarter. Wade used and abused Jeremy Pargo and Nick Young with baseline drives and crossovers for layups. Wade who is usually suspect with shooting jump shots, made nine of thirteen jumpshots tonight. He looks fully recovered from his nagging injuries and tonight’s game looked like a replay of his games against Dallas in the 2010 finals.Wade had another signature pump fake for a foul and the victim was first time all-star Jrue Holiday. This is D-Wade’s sixth time this season with 30 points or more.
Chris Bosh: 13pts 1reb 1ast 6-12FG
In just 25 minutes of play, Bosh watched 76ers defenders concede defeat against LeBron and D-Wade. He caught his usual three rocket passes from James for mid range splashes but struggled most of the night. Bosh was just 3 for 9 on jump shots in Wells Fargo Center. Haslem and James took away most of the rebounds from Bosh as he wasn’t aggressive crashing the boards. Not a great game from Bosh, but he didn’t need to do much tonight against a weak 76ers defense
Ball Movement: 27 assists
A true unselfish game from Miami Heat passing the ball. It started with LeBron finding open three point shooters and cutters. One play in particular was incredible, LeBron got a pick from Chalmers, Chalmers opened up and received a pass from James, Chalmers pump fakes a wide open three, then drives and passes to a cutting James, LeBron had an easy lane for a layup but decides to pass to Haslem for a sweet 17 foot jump shot. To sum it up Miami went on a 15-3 run in the 3rd quarter with five different scorers.
– I did not realize how bad the perimeter defense of Philadelphia was.
– Philadelphia needs a healthy Andrew Bynum back badly, too perimeter oriented.
– LeBron is looking to become the 2nd player in NBA history to record 25ppg with 60%FG in a month (Shaq did this in 2001)
– Shane Battier has a made a three point shot in twelve straight games.
– LeBron has a made a three point shot in eight straight games
– In the last two February’s(2012 and 2013), Miami has 20 wins and 3 losses.
– Jrue Holiday and Russell Westbrook are the only two players to average 18points and 8assists this season.
– LeBron recorded his 35th career triple double, his 7th with the Heat
– This is just Ray Allen’s third game this season with four threes made or more.
– Miami has won 12 straight regular-season games against Philadelphia.